Serving Silicon Valley and surrounding areas including south Santa Clara county, the Peninsula and the East Bay
800-998-4650 ● 408-946-6888 ● 650-855-9626
Goats and Sheep and the occasional Llama also treated
|Click here to learn more about Dr. Douglas Novick|
Equine Veterinary Articles
Below you find articles relating to horse care, equipment and other related issues. The original articles are provided by Dr. Douglas Novick, DVM a San Francisco Bay Area equine veterinarian. These articles previously published in national magazines and newsletters, present concise accurate information on subjects of concern to horse owners.
If you cannot not find the information you want here visit the www.iknowledgenow.com - a database of thousands of full-text veterinary articles from journals, conference proceedings, books and prominent authors.
Do you still have questions? E-mail by going to our contact page.
Telephone consultations are available.
What Every Horse Owner (Or Potential Horse Owner) Should Know
- Navicular Disease New Treatments
- When Back Pain is not Back Pain
- Foot Abscesses – Diagnosis and Treatment
- Hock Lameness- Bone Spavin
- Which Leg is Lame?- The Forelimb
- Determining Hind Leg Lameness
- Stifle Lameness- Upward Fixation of the Patella
- Understanding and Treating Navicular Disease
- What is a Pre-Purchase Examination?
- Tying-Up – Understanding Tying-Up Syndrome
- Colic Risk Factors
- Treating Equine Melanomas
- Ear Plaques and Sarcoid
- Cribbing and Wind Sucking
- Dental Care: Floating, Hooks, Loose Teeth, Wolf Teeth
- Keeping Weight on the Older Horse
- NARCOLEPSY – the Sleeping Disease
- Skin Conditions – Understanding Sarcoid Tumors
- Sheath Cleaning – What you need to know about Cleaning Your Horse’s Sheath
- Strongid C: A New Approach To De-worming
- Veterinary Adivsory for Winter Horse Shows 2013
Correspondence can be sent to Dr. Novick’s Bookkeeping office
Douglas Novick, DVM
San Jose, CA 95157